A Reliable Solution to Missing Teeth
Tooth loss can affect your life in multiple ways such as hindering your self-esteem and losing your ability to eat and speak naturally. Dentures are an affordable, effective replacement solution for missing teeth. While dentures may not seem like an appealing option for some, they can truly change your life.
Made from durable acrylic resin, dentures are customized specifically for your mouth to ensure a natural and perfect fit. Dr. Villalobos and our experienced dental team offer full and partial dentures, ensuring we can treat each patient’s unique situation. Best of all, receiving your dentures is a minimally-invasive procedure, so you won’t have to undergo surgery or wait through a long recovery time.
Discover if dentures are the solution to your dental problems and see how Dr. Villalobos can help you on your journey to a stunning, new smile.
Benefits of Dentures
Dentures provide you with a range of convenient benefits, including:
- Customized specifically for you
- Fast, minimally invasive procedure
- Enhanced chewing and speaking abilities
How long do dentures last?
Just like your natural teeth, dentures will wear down and stain with age. If properly cared for, your dentures should last between 5 to 10 years. We recommend seeing Dr. Villalobos yearly for a denture checkup.
Can you get dentures that look like real teeth?
Yes. Most dentures are made to look just like your natural smile, but the materials used and the care taken in their creation can influence how real they look. Dr. Villalobos wants you to be happy with your new smile and will create the best dentures for you.
Types of Dentures
For your convenience, we offer full and partial dentures:
- Partial: If you still have some natural teeth remaining, Dr. Villalobos can customize a set of partial dentures to fill the gaps in your smile. They’re made with hooks that attach to your natural teeth to keep them in place throughout the day.
- Conventional Full Dentures: This is when your teeth are removed and the tissue is given time to heal before the dentures are placed. Conventional dentures could take a few months for the gum tissue to heal completely, so during this time, you’ll be without teeth.
- Immediate Full Dentures: Prior to having your teeth removed, Dr. Villalobos takes measurements and has dentures customized to fit your mouth. After removing your teeth, the dentures are immediately placed. This option will require a follow-up appointment to refit your dentures due to the jawbone slightly changing shape as your mouth heals. The dentures will need to be tightened after your jawbone has healed
What type of dentures is the best?
Different types of dentures suit different people. While some people prefer implant-supported dentures, others might not find the procedures worthwhile. Others want the permanency and stability of implant-supported dentures and don’t want removable dentures.
Dr. Villalobos can speak with you about the different types of dentures and determine which would work best for your unique needs. Ultimately, the decision of what type of dentures you’d like is usually a personal choice.
How to Take Care of Your Dentures
Taking good care of your dentures will give them a longer lifespan. To clean your dentures, remove and brush them at least once a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and denture cleaner. At night, make sure to soak your dentures in a denture cleaning solution.
To keep them clean throughout the day, remove your dentures and rinse them with water after eating. At your regular dental checkups, we’ll also thoroughly clean your dentures and make sure they’re in good condition.
What to Do if Your Dentures Break
If your dentures break, call our office at (561) 744-0677 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Villalobos. He’ll assess the condition of your dentures and determine if they can be repaired or if a replacement is necessary.
We recommend against trying to fix your dentures at home. At-home repairs can cause harm to your dentures or to your dental health. We know it can be difficult to go without your dentures, but it’ll be for a short period of time.
All dentures will need to be replaced eventually. Over time, they’ll wear out and loosen. You’ll feel this beginning to happen when your dentures don’t stay in place for as long as they used to. They may slide around and make it difficult to eat and speak.
If your dentures have become loose, Dr. Villalobos can look at them and determine if you’ll need a replacement. You can also replace your dentures if they’ve broken or don’t fit properly.
Are You a Candidate for Dentures?
You may be a candidate for dentures if:
- You’ve lost all or most of your teeth
- You want a beautiful and functional smile
- Implant-supported dentures aren’t right for you
If you’re interested in dentures for your smile, contact our Jupiter office at (561) 744-0677 to learn how Dr. Villalobos can help you. He’ll create a custom set of dentures for you, ensuring they’re comfortable and a perfect fit.
Does insurance cover dentures?
Most insurance plans don’t offer coverage for dentures, though some plans may pay for a portion of your treatment costs. We recommend contacting your provider for a more detailed understanding of your coverage. If you have any questions about your insurance benefits, call our office at (561) 744-0677 and we’ll be more than happy to assist you. You can also explore our financing page for more information.
Your New Smile Awaits
Dentures are an affordable and convenient option for restoring your smile. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Villalobos, call our Jupiter office at (561) 744-0677 or fill out our online contact form.