Restore Health and Beauty to Your Smile
If you want a natural-looking tooth replacement that will improve your smile, look no further than dental implants. These restorations fuse with your jawbone for unmatched stability and replace missing teeth from root to crown. Implants can be used to restore any amount of missing teeth and they can last up to a lifetime with proper care.
Explore our guide to learn more about dental implants and how they can benefit your smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer several unique benefits that other tooth replacements can’t match, including:
- Natural look and function
- Secured to your jaw
- Maintained just like natural teeth
- Resistant to decay
- Prevents jawbone from shrinking
- Can last up to a lifetime
Our Dental Implant Process
Restoring your smile with dental implants is a three-step process that’s typically completed over the course of several months. These steps consist of:
- Initial Consultation — The first step of your treatment is a consultation with Dr. Villalobos. During this visit, he’ll examine your teeth, gums, and jaw to determine if implants are the right treatment for you. He’ll also answer any questions you have and determine if supplemental procedures will be necessary.
- Implant Placement — Once he determines you’re ready, Dr. Villalobos will place the implant fixture in your jaw and protect the surgical area with a temporary crown or flipper. You’ll need to allow two to six months for your implant site to heal before we can finish your treatment.
- Final Restoration — After your mouth has fully healed, Dr. Villalobos can attach your chosen restoration to complete the implant. We feature crowns, bridges, and dentures to restore any amount of missing teeth. All of our restorations are customized to match your teeth, ensuring they blend in seamlessly with the rest of your smile.
Visit Dr. Villalobos For Dental Implants
If you want a restoration that allows you to eat, speak, and smile with confidence, dental implants can’t be matched. Whether you’re missing a single tooth or a full arch, implants offer a convenient solution that will restore health and beauty to your smile.
Call our Jupiter, FL practice at (561) 744-0677 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Villalobos — it’s the first step on your journey to a new smile!
Frequently Asked Questions
The cost of dental implants varies from patient to patient. Factors that can influence your treatment cost include how many teeth you’re replacing, the type of restoration you choose, and the material your implants are made from. To get an accurate price estimate, schedule a consultation with Dr. Villalobos and he’ll develop a customized treatment plan just for you.
As long as you take care of your implants with daily brushing and flossing, they’ll typically last for 25 years or more. If you maintain excellent oral hygiene and visit Dr. Villalobos for biannual checkups, they can last up to a lifetime without ever needing to be replaced.
Dentures are a removable set of teeth or partial set of teeth that need to be soaked overnight and cared for in a special manner. They’re not always comfortable and can slip out of place when you’re talking or eating. They also don’t stimulate your jawbone, causing it to rapidly lose density and deteriorate.
Dental implants are a permanent replacement for missing teeth that can be cared for just like natural teeth. They’re secured to your jaw and never need to be removed. Implants will also stimulate your jaw to prevent bone loss and preserve your facial appearance.
Before your dental implant surgery, Dr. Villalobos will administer anesthesia to ensure you don’t feel any pain. You may experience some mild discomfort while your mouth heals, but this should fade within a week or two after surgery. Make sure to follow our post-op instructions, as these will aid the healing process to help you recover faster.
For patients who suffer from dental anxiety or have sensitive teeth, we also offer sedation to keep you relaxed throughout the procedure. If you think this will be helpful to you, ask Dr. Villalobos about our sedation options during your consultation.